What an eventful year! Here are the 12 major events of 2018 for RaiseNow, not strictly month by month 😉 A lot has happened and many things have been achieved.
- At the beginning of the year, we expanded our support to include Service Level Agreements (SLA), which offer customers access to our support team even in the evenings and weekends. SLA has a steadily growing fan base, which benefits not only from the prioritized support but also from the fact that we are able to handle fee-based contract work at reduced rates as well as the annual renewal of PCI DSS certificates.
- For us (and for most of you), the past Spring was marked by the introduction of the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), compliance. We cannot make it fun but we tried to make it as easy as possible for our customers.
- Another major event was the German Fundraising Congress. Here we showed how international organizations can successfully operate online fundraising in different countries. Attendees learned everything they needed to know about global fundraising with different currencies and means of payment.
- A red line throughout the year was the term “Donor Journey”. Jan Uekermann hosted many workshops and webinars on the topic and helped many (online) fundraisers to develop a targeted donor approach. If you ever want to go on a journey, Jan is the best person to go with!
- Behind the scenes, our developer team was extremely busy. In addition to innumerable product enhancements, the team also brought a completely revised version of our popular donation form to market maturity, so that it will be available in the first quarter of the new year. We are always extremely happy when we receive messages after the release with positive feedback from our experienced users, so don’t stop sending!
- We moved office in Berlin in the summer. Why is this important for us you ask? Because this is the result of the fact that our constantly growing team in Berlin is developing splendidly and will be able to look after you in the best possible way in the future. Don’t hesitate to come by for a coffee.
- Inspire! is starting to be an established must-attend event in the Swiss fundraising scene. Preparations for the event occupied our summer. Many top-class speakers came to Zurich in September to share innovations and experiences from digital fundraising, more than 140 attendees listened and discussed online trends and developments.
- A RaiseNow premiere: we were exhibitors at the International Fundraising Congress (IFC) near Amsterdam for the first time. We like sharing so we build our booth together with Formunauts and became the highlight of the Marketplace with the production of digital portraits. They were even queues! We personally think it was for the presentation of our brand new Mobile Point of Sales solution, but our digital portrait artist disagrees.
- In autumn, peer-to-peer fundraising became a much-discussed internal topic, if we look at North-America, there is still much to be done. The partnership with Mountain Rush virtual events helps us to further promote this increasingly popular form of fundraising.
- Also in autumn, a major project took off that had been waiting to happen for quite some time: The integration of RaiseNow technology with the world’s leading CRM Salesforce.org As soon as a first version was available, it won an award for the best performance in the Salesforce Live Demo Jam!
- In the field of “Partnerships” RaiseNow is now an official Stripe partner. Stripe is the world’s leading software platform for online payment processing, because it enables easy connection of means of payment without time-consuming individual acceptance contracts.
- And last but not least: Thierry Kneissler joined the newly formed Advisory Board of RaiseNow. The former TWINT CEO helps RaiseNow to gain valuable mobile payment expertise. Expect innovations!
Curious what will happen in 2019? On January 10, 2019, the first Digital Fundraising Talks will take place. More information can be found here.
We thank you very much for your interest and wish you a happy new year in an exciting and productive one!